Hollywood Homeless Youth Partnership Elearning Modules
The Hollywood Homeless Youth Partnership has developed a series of on-line training courses designed for direct care staff working with homeless youth, including staff working at drop in centers, emergency shelters, transitional living programs, and independent living programs. There is no cost to take any of the courses. These courses are now available for free at the website for the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Courses available include:
- Adolescent Development
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Self Injurious Behaviors and Suicide
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Sexually-Related Risks
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Substance Abuse
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Youth
- HIV Testing and Homeless Youth
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Psychological First Aid for Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Runaway and Homeless Youth
- Trauma and Runaway and Homeless Youth
1. Create account
- Go to : http://learn.nctsn.org/
- Go to the banner at the top of the page, “Special Topics” and click on “Hollywood Homeless Youth Partnership” from the drop down list
- Click “Create New Account”
Sign up for new account. Under “Affiliation to NCTSN” you can click either “I am an organizational affiliate” (for those that work at HHYP agencies) or “I am not part of the NCTSN network” (for those that don’t). It doesn’t really matter.
2. Take classes
- Go to: http://learn.nctsn.org/
- Log in
- Select “Hollywood Homeless Youth Partnership” either from the banner at the top of the page or along the left border
- Click on the module that you want to watch.
- Take the test at the end of each module
3. Things to remember
- You will only receive a certificate of completion after you pass all 11 tests.
- The system will keep track of where you left any single module but won’t be able to tell you which tests you have taken and passed. You will need to keep track on your own. It might be easiest to do the modules in the order that they appear (but is not required).
- If you have feedback about the system, please let Arlene Schneir know at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is still a work in progress.